The Hunter Trade College delivers an innovative program that specialises in delivering vocational training as part of the HSC. Students at the College will study 14 units of course work for the Preliminary HSC ( 2 Units of English Studies, 2 Units of Mathematics (General) and 2 Units of Computing Applications, 2 units of Industry Based Learning (IBL) or Work Studies, 4 units of (240 hour Cert III) VET courses and 2 units (120 hour Cert II) VET chosen from the following courses:
- AUR20516 - Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- UR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- MEM20105 - Certificate II in Engineering
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- UR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- CPC30211 - Certificate III in Carpentry
- UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- MEM30305 - Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- MEM30205 - Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
These courses are all nationally accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and are nationally recognised by employers and other training organisations. Please remember that you cannot complete a Certificate III courses as part of the HSC. You will need to undertake additional training in an apprenticeship pathway to complete a full Certificate III qualification in these courses.
By the end of the two year period (Year 11 and 12), Hunter Trade College students will have completed course requirements for the HSC and have completed a minimum of 700 hours in the structured workplace learning program.