Support a young person to start their trade career and avoid time consuming and costly recruitment in the following trade areas:
- Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive and Construction.
The Hunter Trade College combines the HSC with national accredited vocational trade training and:
- Gives you the opportunity to select the best Electro, Auto, Carpentry or Metals and Engineering apprentice or trainee for your business through the College work placement program, before you commit to employing them in your business.
- Shows you a selection of young people who can provide you with skilled labour.
- Can provide you with 2 school based trainees or 2 school based apprentices (available Monday to Friday to work at your site) for the cost of one full time trainee or one full time apprentice. You may be eligible for up to $7000 in Government incentives per apprentice or $1250 per trainee.
Why employ a Hunter Trade College School Based Apprentice or Trainee?
- All students are WHS trained and assessed ready for work before entering a workplace.
- They are young and offer the opportunity to be trained in your company’s cultural values and procedures.
- They bring up to date trade knowledge and skills from their College training.
- Their training includes how to communicate, listen and follow instructions.
- They have good computer skills and can competently calculate, measure and estimate.
* Students have the opportunity to attain a higher level of education
Give a young person a chance to work in your business and at the same time address your own industry skill needs.
Our team of Work Placement Officers are ready to work with you. The Hunter Trade College looks forward to meeting your recruitment needs by providing your business with a top-grade, work ready, motivated student with demonstrated commitment to trade training. The College industry experience system gives employers the opportunity to work with a number of different students to assess suitability for workplace and recruitment needs.
Employers may wish to take an Hunter Trade College student for a work placement while they are considering an School Based Apprentice/Trainee (SBAT). During the work placement the Hunter Trade College provides public liability insurance for employers and third parties. For an employer to provide a work placement under the Hunter Trade College insurance cover, a Student Placement Form must be completed. The process of providing a work placement is facilitated by the College.
Ring the College on (02) 4932 2400