The Hunter Trade College delivers an innovative program that specialises in delivering vocational training as part of the HSC.
In Year 11 (Preliminary HSC), you will study fourteen (14) units of coursework.
In Year 12, you will study eight units of coursework, continuing your English Studies, Mathematics and Industry-Based Learning or Work Studies and your major trade course.
Remember! The two-year pattern of study at the College does not allow you to gain an ATAR.
Students choose trade courses from:
· AUR20516 - Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
· AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
· CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
· MEM20105 - Certificate II in Engineering (School Based Trainees Only)
· UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
Certificate III – Statement of Attainment
· AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (school based apprentices only)
· CPC30211 - Certificate III in Carpentry
· UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (school based apprentices only)
To find out more about the individual course programs, please click on the button below:
These courses are all nationally accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and are nationally recognised by employers and other training organisations. Please remember that you cannot complete a Certificate III course as part of the HSC. You will need to undertake additional training in an apprenticeship pathway to complete a full Certificate III qualification in these courses.
By the end of the two year period (Year 11 and 12), Hunter Trade College students will have completed course requirements for the HSC and have completed a minimum of 700 hours in the structured workplace learning program.