1) Application fee covers the cost of entry testing.
2) The Acceptance Fee secures your enrolment. The College will refund the Acceptance Fee when a student completes Year 12. You need to apply to the College for the refund.
3) Full payment of the Annual Fee before 31 January attracts a $40 discount.
4) Course Fees are payable if the student cannot produce current Certificate/Issued Cards
5) The Traineeship/Apprenticeship Fees represent the parent contribution (approx. 40%) to the Apprenticeship/Traineeship fee set by the State Government. The College subsidises the remainder of the fee.
Parents/Carers may pay the Annual College Fee by direct debit, cash, cheque, credit card, Centrepay or periodic payments. Details are available from the College Administration Office.
A $20.00 discount applies to Annual Fees paid by direct debit.
Provision for Annual Fee relief of $300.00 is available on the presentation of a Low Income Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card in the fee payer’s name and completion of the Centrelink Customer Consent Form. This form is available from the Hunter Trade College Office.
We encourage families experiencing financial hardship to contact the College for other fee relief options. Discussions are confidential. Please ask to speak with the CEO or Business Manager.
Students must purchase a College uniform and black steel capped work boots.
The College will not issue student VET Certificates or Statements of Attainment when a student has outstanding fees.
All families must complete and return the College Fee Agreement in December each year.
College Fee Refunds
The College fee is an annual fee and contributes to the general operations of the College. This fee is refundable where fees are paid in advance and a student withdraws from the College. The College will refund their fees on the following basis:
Where a student has attended a partial term they are liable for fees for the entire term and a refund will be made on the remaining terms that have been paid. An application form, available from the College, is required for the refund and a payment will be issued.
As Year 12 student fees are calculated on a three term year, (as Year 12 do not attend classes at the College in Term Four), fee refunds are calculated over three terms.